What to do on a Nashville weekend trip – specifically a Nashville weekend girls trip. Everything we did is included in this Nashville Travel Guide!
This post is sponsored by Bode Nashville but all opinions are my own.
As a “Nashville local” (technically I live in Franklin, a suburb of Nashville), there are so many versions of a Nashville Travel Guide I could write….because it totally depends on who you are, what you like, how many days your in town, etc! I always tailor my Nashville recommendations to the individual person and the purpose of the trip.
This Nashville Travel is perfect for a Nashville Weekend Trip with GIRLS! I did this exact Nashville Itinerary below with 11 of others (all bloggers) for a trip! Overall, if you’re just coming for fun or for a bachelorette party – these are the places you’ll want to hit for the most Instagramable spots in Nashville. Let’s get started with the Ultimate Nashville Travel Guide!
After I share the itinerary, I’m going into detail on my recommendations / reviews of what we did. I also included a few more restaurant recommendations even though we didn’t hit all of them in our weekend. Since I live here, all of the restaurants I recommend are places I’ve personally eaten at and love!
Nashville Travel Guide & Itinerary
WHERE TO STAY IN NASHVILLE
For any group size 2-12, the Bode Nashville is an AMAZING CHOICE! That’s were we stayed with our group of 11 girls, and were so happy with the amount of space in our 5 bedroom. Bode is unique hotel experience – it’s a converted apartment complex into a boutique hotel. It honestly felt like the perfect combination of hotel amenities with an Airbnb experience and space (hello kitchen and massive living area!).
The Bode is also giving you 15% off your next stay! All you have to do is message them on Instagram @thebodelife and let them know who sent you (@annadanigelis).
Bode has an awesome lobby with local coffee, a bar, and lounge area with games. They have 2 massive outdoor courtyards with cornhole, fireplaces, and giant jenga. We sat out by the fire every night and it was such a nice place to hang out (especially during COVID where we didn’t really want to go out with the crowds).
Moving onto our actual “5 bedroom” condo – it’s technically listed as a 4 bedroom condo! It has 4 full size bedrooms with King beds, and a “bonus bunk bed room” that can sleep 4. The bunk room is tiny – but it’s sleeping space and it worked for our group! For a converted apartment, the kitchen, dining room, and living room were HUGE. It was shocking walking in and seeing how much space we had. For 11 girls, we didn’t feel cramped at all. We even our own private outdoor courtyard in our unit!
Not only is the space at Bode perfect for a group – the location is even better! For a big group, it’s the closest you are going to get to downtown Nashville. For Airbnbs, you’re definitely going to be farther out and not really in walking distance to downtown. At Bode, we were able to walk to dinner places and to Broadway! Our group was kind of high maintenance too and we we’re all able to make the walk, lol.
WHAT TO DO IN NASHVILLE
Obviously, you’re going to want to get some pictures while you’re in town. Here are the most Instagramable spots (rooftops, restaurants, and murals) for you to check out!
MOST INSTAGRAMABLE SPOTS
- Murals – I’ll give a quick overview here, but I also have a Nashville mural guide with way more details here. The Gulch is a good spot to hit with the What Lifts you Wings and Candy Hearts mural.
- Pedestrian Bridge – great for a skyline picture of Nashville or in Cumberland Park! Park for free in the Titans Stadium (as long as it’s not game day).
- Broadway and 1st street – get a great picture with Broadway in the background!
- Parthenon – want to look like your in Greece? Snap a picture here!
- The Graduate Hotel – BOHO, FUN, ELECTIC, BRIGHT, and BOLD décor. Multiple areas to hang and chill – bring a laptop and hang awhile. You can order coffee at the coffee bar. Or just bring a few outfits and snap some pictures.
- 12 South – 12 South is filled with murals and Amelia’s Flower Truck!
- Restoration Hardware Café – feeling boujee? You will with the ambiance of Restoration Hardware. Be prepared to spend $20 on a salad LOL.
Most Instagramable Bars/Restaurants
- White Limozeen – in general, the MOST Instagrammable spot in Nashville. But probably only if you love pink. Dolly Parton inspired, the couches and décor are so girly and on point. The drinks are DELICIOUS. I ate dinner here and don’t love the menu (French) so I’d just stick to a few drinks, maybe a charcuterie board, and go eat somewhere else. You come here for the pic! (And drinks). You are going to need a reservation and they only open up reservations 14 days in advance on Resy! Turn on an alarm to set a reservation at midnight 2 weeks in advance of your stay!
- Hampton Social – Rose All Day neon sign, Welcome to Nashville, and a new rooftop deck with Cumberland River and Titans stadium views – there are many spots to take a picture with their coastal decor.
- LA Jackson – another amazing rooftop bar – and this one in is the Gulch. You can get a great picture outside looking out at the downtown skyline
- Any rooftop bar on Broadway – Acme is good for the bridge view in the background
WHERE TO EAT & DRINK IN NASHVILLE
BEST BREAKFAST / BRUNCH:
I have a more detailed Nashville brunch guide here – so make sure to check that out! Highlights include Hampton Social, Mockingbird, and Biscuit Love. For an unhealthy treat – you have to splurge your calories on a 100 layer 5 Daughters Bakery donut (on best dessert in Nashville guide).
It totally depends on price, mood, and cuisine your taste buds are craving – so here’s a breakdown. I pretty much only eat American, Italian, and Mexican LOL so those are my categories!
- For Mexican and half off pitchers of margaritas M-F 2-6, Saint Anejo hands down. I love Superica’s patio, and they are accommodating for groups.
- Nada is another Latin American / Mexican infusion restaurant, and we ate there on Saturday! Another great spot for a group and they even have a private dining room. We love how you can order a bunch of different apps and tacos and all share – so you really get to try a variety on the menu! Even if you’re not vegan, I LOVED the corn and mushroom tacos!
- Hampton Social – coastal vibes as described in most Instagrammable. Nothing crazy about the food (it’s good, but nothing like OMG special. You are there for the ambiance – but I do recommend the lobster roll, flatbreads, and avocado toast!)
- Mockingbird – such a fun place! A Chopped winner opened this restaurant so you know it’s going to be delish! Great drinks, atmosphere, and I love the brunch menu! They have adult capri suns too 🙂
- Henrietta Red – more a date night spot, but I love it!
- Rolf & Daughters – I consider this one more of a date night spot too, but I love it and highly recommend if you’re a fellow pasta lover!
- North Italia (in the Green Hills Mall so not a great location for tourists and Nashville vibes but it’s delicious. It started in Austin and was one of my fav restaurants there)
Overall Best for Groups
BEST SPOTS FOR DRINKS
- White Limozeen – again, THE most Instagrammable spot in Nashville
- LA Jackson Rooftop – fun drink names. Get the Social Influencer or the drink with the Runtz candy!
- Mother’s Ruin – eclectic fun cocktail bar!
- The Patterson House – for a speak easy environment
- The Register / The Study – a new speakeasy style bar that also has a membership club
FUN THINGS TO DO IN NASHVILLE
Pedal Tavern / Party Barge
We debated between a party bus or a pedal tavern, and went with Music City Crawlers pedal tavern. I was a little nervous about the “work” but it was SO MUCH FUN! Even more fun than I thought it would be! I loved how our bike had a driver and “bartender.” Our bartender supervised, handed us our BYOB drinks when they were low, DJ’d, and even saved my sunglasses when they fell off my head! A truck RAN OVER THEM and somehow survived (luckily the tires missed). At every red light, we would cheers and yell – it was honestly so much more fun than I thought it would be (especially as a local when I see tourists on these every day).
Party buses are also an option especially if you have a bigger group and don’t want to pedal! The party buses go in a wider vicinity around town, while on the pedal tavern you mainly stay on Broadway and in the action, which I enjoyed. We made 2 pit stops at bars, but optional to go in. The pedal tavern actually felt like a better group activity than going to the bars because you could actually all be together and not split into tables with a max capacity of 6.
BEST SHOPPING – NASHVILLE TRAVEL GUIDE
There are tons of boutiques to shop in Nashville! My favorite area where everything is next to each other (aka not far to walk) is Hillsboro Village! Here’s a list of my favorite shopping boutiques in Nashville:
- Hillsboro Village
- Green Hills
- typical shopping mall
- This is where we designed our own jewelry at the Kendra Scott Color Bar!
NASHVILLE TRAVEL GUIDE SUMMARY
So that’s a wrap on my Nashville travel guide! I’ll do a more in depth post on my restaurant reviews soon – these are just my go to’s and also two birds with one stone kind of place. Meaning, you can eat, drink AND get a cute picture all at once! Just send me a DM on Instagram if you have any specific questions or leave a comment below!