If I had to pick one of my all time favorite desserts I’m always in the mood for – it’s these homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. It’s essentially a peanut butter cookie with a reese’s pressed inside to make a bigger, yummier Reese’s. Yes – you can make Reese’s cups even better than they already are!
This recipe is from one of my Mom’s friends growing up – she would always have them at parties and at Christmas time. I would crave them and had my Mom get the recipe from her, and now I’m passing it onto you!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe
- 13/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 40 mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 375
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda in a medium bowl & set aside
- Cream together butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk
- Add in flour mixture, mix well
- Shape into 40 small balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes
- Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball
- Optional – spread hot chocolate around edges to smooth out the Reese’s ridge ( I forgot in my pictures)
- Cool, remove from pan and enjoy!