Best Halloween Couples Costume Ideas – DIY version!
I love a good themed costume….whether it’s a group or couple! A lot of these you could do with your BFF and some of them can be bigger group costumes! Hopefully this gets some of your creative juices flowing for Halloween in a few weeks if you haven’t decided what you’re going to be yet! Let’s get to the Halloween couples costume list!
Secret to Creating good DIY Costumes (No Sew)
A few of the costumes listed can feel “generic” but you can definitely put your own spin on it by creating the costume yourself and not buying it from the store! Forever 21 and Amazon are my gold mines for creating DIY costumes, then I construct the rest with ribbon, construction paper, gems, etc and some hot glue. All of the accessories are usually homemade, unless it’s something like gloves or cat ears. The crown above in the Princess Peach costume is a quick DIY one with 1 sheet of gold scrapbook paper, gemstones, and a hot glue gun.
Example from one of the costumes below – be the Golden Snitch in Quidditch (and your man be Harry Potter) I would search for “gold dress” on Google, Amazon, and Forever 21 to see if I could find something for $20ish. I then simply add some wings and boom! EASY and CHEAP costume. When I was Cosmo from Fairy Odd Parents, I searched “green metallic dress” and found a tight fitting tube dress. I constructed the crowns from scrapbook paper paper again – same with the wand! I also used a ruler and painted it black for the stem, but something even cheaper like a straw could work.
If you want to see a video of all my costumes from over the years, check out my Halloween Costume Box Reveal.
Couples Halloween Costume Ideas
1. Mario & Princess Peach Halloween Couples Costume
2.Scarecrow and Tin Man / Couples Halloween Costume
Or other Wizard of Oz Combo….our dog was the lion! I loved being the Tin Man – I got to do fun silver makeup, and wear an all silver/sequin outfit! Grabbed a few tin man accessories, cut a heart out of felt with a sticky back and I was good to go! I found my silver / sequin top and bottoms at Forever 21. You could also wear a silver or sequin dress! This sequin blazer is pretty awesome too for $20. If Forever21 is sold out of silver or sequin items, check out Amazon, SheIn, or Boohoo.
3. Cindy Lou Who & The Grinch
4. Britney Spears & Justin Timberlake
5. Harry Potter & Golden Snitch (or Hermione)
6. Pikachu & Ash
7. Tinkerbell & Peter Pan
8. Cosmo & Wanda – Fairly Odd Parents (I did this with my friend in college so two girls can do it too! I was Cosmo)
9. Batman and Catwoman (or Batman & Robin)
More Ideas I Haven’t Shopped for Yet:
- Star Wars Rey & Ren
- Deer & Hunter (or Lumberjack)
- Chuck & Blair (or Serena and Dan/Nate)
- Mermaid & a Sailor
- The Incredibles
- Sully & Boo from Monsters Inc
- Woody & Jessie or Woody & Buzz
- Barbie & Ken
- Ice Cream & Banana
- 80s Aerobics Instructors
- PacMan & one of the cute colorful things that run around (LOL comment the name if you know)
- Power Rangers (add more colors for a bigger group!)
- Fortnite characters? LOL I don’t know them but this could be funny
- Cookie & the Cookie Monster
Funny Ideas I can’t take credit for:
Older Halloween Posts from Me:
Here’s a preview pic of the Unicorn to check out the post!
NONE of these ideas are what we are being for Halloween this year….you’ll find out on Halloween! What are you dressing up as this year?